Casting is a commercial networking service designed to assist those seeking opportunities in modeling, acting, or other careers within the entertainment industry to get Internet exposure, networking resources and tools to match your talent with available listings of auditions and casting calls. We are not an employment agency or talent agency, and do not guarantee results. We understand the importance of controlling who sees what and this is why we give you complete control of your information at all times. Our default privacy settings are already set to limit the information that's displayed within your profile to only your networks and any other limitations we inform you of.
Our principles are simple with Casting. You should have all control over your personal information at all times and we happen to believe maintaining access to others' information they wish to share should be easy too.Your Information, Your Control
We help you as you determine who sees what. You determine what you wish to share, what your profile consists of - including any contact or personal information, photographs and things interest you - and we provide the platform for you to do so. You have complete control of these settings through our Privacy page.The Access to Others' Information is Your Choice
There is an ever-increasing abundance of information available on the internet. We understand you're only interested in what pertains to you, your family, friends and others in your vicinity.
Our goal is to help you gain access to only that information that interests you.
Sharing information shouldn't be a difficult process. We can help you navigate it so that it's an easier process. We'll provide you the privacy tools that will allow you to control how much and with whom you share that information. Have questions or a great idea we should consider? Visit our Help Page.Information We Collect
Visiting Casting, you agree to provide us with two types of information; personal information you willingly disclose and website information that's collected as a result of your interaction with our website.
By registering with Casting, you provide us with specific personal information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, address, gender along with any other information that is deemed relevant.
When you visit our websites, your browser type and IP (internet protocol) address is collected. This information is collected on every visitor to our sites. We store this information gained from your browser through the use of "cookies". Cookies are bits of data stored on every computer that links it to information about its user. We use what are referred to as "session ID cookies" to confirm that users are indeed logged in. These cookies self-terminate once the user closes the browser. Our defaults are set to use a persistent cookie that stores your login ID (but not your password) to make it easier for logging in when you visit our site again. You may remove or disable this cook through the settings on your browser.
Using casting.bz allows you the option of setting up a personal profile, build relationships, forward messages, incorporate searches or queries, define groups, organize events, incorporate applications and incorporate various communication channels.
The information we collect is in an effort to provide our users personalized services and features. We retain this information so that you can view previous messages, maintain a friend's list and update it at will. When your information is updated, our policy is to maintain a backup copy of prior versions for a period of time we deem reasonable. This allows reversion to prior states possible.
Improper collection efforts or misuse of information provided on Casting is a violation of the Casting Terms of Service and should be reported through our Help Center immediately upon discovery of any intrusions.
Should you choose to incorporate the casting.bz invitation service to invite friends to our site, we will ask you for information required to forward that invitation. This information might include your friend's email address. We will forward and email to your friend or we may apt to send an instant message in your name inviting him or her to visit the site. We may extend up to two reminders to them. Casting stores the information found on the invitations and reminders to expedite the registration of your friend or connection if your invitation is accepted. This will also allow you to review any invitations you have extended and allows us to track the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us through the Help Center to request removal of this information from our database.
Casting may also collect information about you from other sources, such as print or electronic newspapers, blogs, instant messaging services, and other users of the Casting service through the operation of the service in an effort to provide you with more useful information and a more personalized Casting experience.
By registering for Casting, you consent to have personal information processed and transferred within the United States of America.SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR PARENTS OF CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF THIRTEEN
Casting is not directed to and does not knowingly collect or solicit information of any nature from anyone under the age of thirteen (13). Further, those under the age of thirteen (13) to may only become a registered user of any of its websites upon the specific written approval of the parent or legal guardian of such minor. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) is strictly prohibited from providing any information to Casting or within its sites.
If you, as a parent, wish to register your child for Casting services, we require you to provide your e-mail address so that we can send you a confirming message and secure your explicit permission to post information about your child on Casting. We will require the parent’s full name, e-mail address, and credit card or other payment method billing information including mailing address.
Should we discover information has been collected on those under the age of thirteen (13), and without the express written permission of his or her parent or legal guardian, that information will be deleted immediately and permanently. If you believe we have unknowingly collected information, in any form, from or about a child under the age of thirteen (13), please contact us via this form found within our Privacy Help page.SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR PARENTS OF CHILDREN BETWEEN THE AGES OF 13 AND 18
Specific written parental permission is also required for registration of children between the ages of 13 and 18. Once registered such children may provide information on their own, provided however that the parent will have to right to monitor such submissions. We strongly encourage minors between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) obtain permission from their parents or guardians prior to transmitting or providing any information about themselves to anyone or any website on or within the internet.Use of Information Obtained by Casting
When you register with Casting, you create your own profile and privacy settings. Your profile information, as well as your name, email and photo, are displayed to people in the networks specified in your privacy settings to enable you to connect with people on Casting. We may occasionally use your name and email address to send you notifications regarding new services offered by Casting that we think you may find valuable.
Profile information is used by Casting primarily to be presented back to and edited by you when you access the service and to be presented to others permitted to view that information by your privacy settings. In some cases where your privacy settings permit it (e.g., posting to your wall), other Casting users may be able to supplement your profile.
Profile information you submit to Casting will be available to users of Casting who belong to at least one of the networks you allow to access the information through your privacy settings (e.g., school, geography, friends of friends). Your name, network names, and profile picture thumbnail will be available in search results across the Casting network and those limited pieces of information may be made available to third party search engines. People who see your name in searches, however, will not be able to access your profile information unless they have a relationship to you that allows such access based on your privacy settings.
Casting may send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the service. For instance, if a contact sends you a new message or poke, or someone posts on your wall, you may receive an email alerting you to that fact.
Generally, you may opt out of such emails from the Notifications page, though Casting reserves the right to send you notices about your account even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
Casting may use information in your profile without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as aggregating how many people in a network like a band or movie and personalizing advertisements and promotions so that we can provide you a better experience while on Casting. We believe this benefits you. You can know more about the world around you and, where there are advertisements, they're more likely to be interesting to you. For example, if you put a favorite movie in your profile, we might serve you an advertisement highlighting a screening of a similar one in your town. But we don't tell the movie company who you are.
We may use information about you that we collect from other sources, including but not limited to newspapers and Internet sources such as blogs, instant messaging services, Casting Platform developers and other users of Casting, to supplement your profile. Where such information is used, we allow you to specify in your privacy settings that you do not want this to be done or to take other actions that limit the connection of this information to your profile.Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
For us here at Casting, it's all about sharing information with others. We want to provide the means of sharing this information within your network while ensuring privacy settings are in place that will restrict others from accessing your information you don't wish to be revealed. We provide you the freedom to determine the information, if any, you provide others while on the Casting website. Our networks and your privacy settings work in tandem to allow you to make informed decisions about who is provided access to your information. We do not provide contact information to third parties without your permission. We only share your information with third parties in very limited and controlled instances where we believe it's necessary, legally required or permitted by you. Some examples include:
- Some information, from your wall and system updates, may aggregate information and make it available to your friends and network members according to your privacy settings. You may alter the preferences for your wall on your Privacy Settings page.
- Unlike most sites on the Web, Casting limits access to site information by third party search engine "crawlers" (e.g. Google, Yahoo, Bing). Casting takes extensive measures to block access of these search engines to your personal information beyond your name, profile picture, and limited aggregated data about your profile (e.g. number of wall postings).
- At times, we may provide limited information to service providers in our efforts to bring to you the services we offer. Specifically, we may, on occasion, incorporate third parties to facilitate our business efforts, including those to host the service at a co-location facility for servers, to send out email updates about Casting, to remove outdated or repetitive information from our user lists, to process payments for products or services, to offer an online job application process or to provide search results or links (including sponsored links). In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the Casting - specified purposes.
- Should you, or any members of your network incorporate any third-part applications and develop them using the Casting Platform ("Platform Applications"), those Platform Applications may access and share certain information about you with others in accordance with your privacy settings. You may opt-out of sharing any or all information through Platform Applications on the Privacy Settings page. In addition, third party developers who have created and operate Platform Applications ("Platform Developers"), may also have access to your personal information (not to include your contact information) if you permit Platform Applications to access your data. Before allowing any Platform Developer to make any Platform Application available to you, Casting requires the Platform Developer to enter into an agreement which, among other things, requires them to respect your privacy settings and strictly limits their collection, use, and storage of your information. However, while we have undertaken contractual and technical steps to restrict possible misuse of such information by such Platform Developers, we cannot and do not guarantee that all Platform Developers will abide by such agreements.
- Please note that Casting does not screen or approve Platform Developers nor can it control how such Platform Developers use any personal information that they may obtain in connection with Platform Applications. Additionally, Platform Developers may require you to agree to their own terms of service, privacy policies or other policies, and this may allow them additional rights or impose additional obligations on you. We encourage you to closely review these terms and policies before using any Platform Application. You may report any suspected misuse of information through the Casting Platform and our team shall investigate any such claim and take every appropriate action against the Platform Developer up to and including terminating their participation in the Casting Platform and/or formal legal actions available to Casting at that time.
- We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or to ensure compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we established a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Casting service or using the Casting name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
- The decision to share information with marketers or electronic commerce providers through on-site offers is solely left to the user's discretion.
- We may occasionally partner with other companies or stores to offer joint services. Full disclosure shall always be readily visible and we may share information with these partners in connection with any user's request.
Accessing your profile editing tools will allow you to control most personal information on Casting. Our users may modify or delete any or all of their profile information at any time by logging into their account. Information will be updated immediately in real time. Individuals who wish to deactivate their Casting account may do so in their My Account page. Removed information may exist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to members of Casting.
Where and how you make use of any of Casting's communications features or other services is at your discretion; however, removal of such communications generally cannot be removed or altered after having been posted.Casting Security
Casting takes reasonable and appropriate precautions to protect its users' information. Account information is located on a secured server behind a series of firewalls. Sensitive financial information, such as credit card numbers or passwords, is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). (To learn more about SSL, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer).